Geodesic Dome Home Tutorials

Hello. I am new to the community and would like to know of any great tutorials on creating Geodesic Dome Home interior and exterior renderings. I have seen only a few on youtube but need a more detailed tutorial.

How much experience do you have with SketchUp in general? What sort of models are you planning to make? How will the models be used? These things will affect the kind of tutorials you should be looking at.

For a start see:http://www.domerama.com/software/sketchup-3d-models/

Hello Dave. I am a beginner in Sketchup and have used it on and off for the past 2 years. The models will be used to visualize my goal and vision to build a geodesic dome home on land with a surrounding landscape. My initial focus will be on the dome exterior and interior. I am attaching an example of what i’m looking to do starting off.

1 Like

Thanks g.h. hubers!

If you are actually going to build your own dome home, I’d suggest making it a Hopster Hexadome as they are much easier and faster to erect. They also have larger straight surfaces inside making interior design and furniture placement better. The large trapezoids (3) on the outside work better for dormers and extensions.

1 Like

I like the Design . . About how big around is this building . . See it is about 24 foot tall does it mean it is a 24 foot Circle or so ? Going to PRE-FAB it in parts ? . .

Thanks Dan! I probably won’t build it myself but will have a company like New Age Domes or Monolithic Dome Homes build it. My first priority is to purchase land preferably in the Foley, AL area. I am considering starting off with a small one bedroom dome that is inexpensive while building a larger 3-Bedroom dome over time.

Thanks for the links!

Stephen’s Creative Design

1 Like

Hello Lynn,

I am not sure on the exact measurements as I posted that image as a sample of what I would like to create in Sketchup for visualization purposes. I will more and likely end up getting the PDF book from Monolithic Dome Homes and look through the various plans that they have.

Stephen’s Creative Design

1 Like

Hi Stephencreativedesign, it is a bit against Forum guidelines to have a signature under each post, it is considered Spam…

@stephen3580 - I removed the signature from your last two posts. As @MikeWayzovski pointed out, they are not allowed on the forum. Please don’t include website or contact info in future posts.

1 Like

Sorry Mike, I will remember to turn the signature off or reply directly on the forum next time.

1 Like