Fun with DynamicComponent's

The local blue axis is centered to the cylinder. RG is in plane of one of its sides.
(In the past I re-tried many times. I’m hoping your method has one of the steps I forgot about. It looks so simple yet it doesn’t work for me)

Works every time… let me try to make a video.

(Open, not import file.)waterfall.skp (215.1 KB)

Now I feel really stupendo, I can’t seem to open “waterfall.skp”, (nor does it doawnlaod)
The PC keeps hanging.

In the video I see it works, (thanks), quite simple if you know.
I followed your steps in the image without erasing the added geometry inside and outside, (as shown in the video) although I don’t think that should matter.

One thing I notice as difference between your solution and my crazy component in the first example: running water.
You have an extra shell group (skewed) around the nested cylinder component…
I also have a shell group around the nested cylinder component. I think I may have only streched either the shell or the child, the cylinder component.

Anyway, I don’t only have to take your word for it, I can see you found a workable solution. Can you change the geometry of the child and/or the attributes, without breaking the spell?

I really don’t know how you got yours to work. In your model, if you stop the animation half-way and then open the group, you can see the inner component is skewed. That is what lead me to my solution. It is beyond me how you created yours.