Flattening the skin for Wing Plane. Pls help

sketchup

Hi bro / pro,

I am designing a RCPlane. However got stuck at flattening Skin. Please help
I have tried Flattery but it seems that the result is not at my expect. Is there any other way to make the skin become flat for cuttingwingskin.skp (412.7 KB)

Thanks

I am not sure what you mean?

Do you want to take this wing and make internal support structures for cutting from wood/foam?

I think you are on the right track, you can use the intersect tool thats what I did when I made a plane using SketchUp for cutting.

RC_1

This was part of my SketchUp model showing inside the wing.

RC2

This was after cutting

Liam, I think you’ll find he wants to make a template of the skin so he can cut it out of fabric or some sort of semi-flexible material.

Ahhh I see, ok!

Yes well if that’s the case, in terms of the model above. I took my measurement’s from SketchUp and I re-drew them out in Illustrator.

However maybe this plugin would be helpful for you: https://extensions.sketchup.com/en/content/flatten-faces

It would create a net from the wing section for cutting (from fabric).

Hi,

Sorry for my English but Box is saying what I mean
I want to make a template of the skin. My material to make the skin is depron. Is there any extension better than Flattery?

Not sure sorry. When I made mine I just stretched out the fabric by hand over the wing ribs, marked it and cut it to size myself.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.