I won’t be creating my own gcode generator or part-fitting. I’ll only add it if I can find a library that offer such functionality. I can wire it up, but I don’t want to dive into creating such thing myself.
Just got around to cut the bottom part of my Caverna tray:
Everything fit snuggly together. Proof of concept for SU 3D model to lasercutter complete!
Though, the sheets for the top tray was bulging a bit more, so they didn’t cut cleanly through all the way. A fraction still left. And too much to be cleaning it up with a scalpel. So it’d back to the workshop tomorrow and do another cut. I’ll have to try some more settings and see if I can reduce the sooting along the edges which gets everywhere.
Also, I realised that when drawing the parts I should think of how it’s assembled. I had to do some dry runs before I found a way to maneuver all the interlocking pieces together.