Component names

Hi TDahl, thanks for your comments.

Thats kind of it but Im trying to save a new collection and SU doesn’t recognise that I’ve changed the name of the file within SU. I will end up with a whole load of folders that contain items with the same name that are actually different. I’ve attached a screen grab to try to illustrate here.

The view shows my file explorer window with the component highlighted in blue - and teh same path shown highlighted in blue at the bottom of the component browser. THe name that I have given this part is shown in the mode space highlighted in red and is also highlighted at the top of the components browser in red.
Im sure that I used to be able to create new components and have SU recognise the name that I had given it in SU when I saved a collection. What appears to be happening is that the .skp file is just keeping the old name but showing the updated definition name when viewed in the component browser; its making my filing a nightmare as I just end up with multiple (windows explorer) folders with the same files in - it makes it very hard to manage. I don’t want to have to go back and manually rename them all after I have saved them.

Is there any way (plugin / method) to allow me to save multiple components at a time and have the .skp file use the given definition name? It seems a bit backwards that despite defining the definition name SU still uses the previous name.

Any help much appreciated. I’m leaving work now but will check in again tomorrow.