Change font size / color

I am new to Sketchup 2015. How do I change the font size / color of the “Instructor”?

Also, how do I change the font color on this forum? It is difficult to read … some of us are no longer young.

AFAIK there is no way to change the font size or color of the Instructor.

You might try this method:
Press & hold the Ctrl key while scrolling the mouse wheel.

You can enlarge the instructor window in the same way, hold ctrl and roll the mouse wheel in then adjust the window to fit the larger text.

The old ctrl scroll trick works all over the place, even desktop icons.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. This does change the font size. How do I change the font color?

If you want to change the font colour of the website you need to change the font settings for the browser you are using.

If you want to change the font in the Instructor you need to change the font settings in Internet Explorer because that is what all dialogs use.
You need to go to the settings and tick the override boxes in accessibility then you can change the font settings.

Browser: How do I change the font color for this webpage only? What is the specific sequence? … I am using Firefox. Thanks!

Note that for windows displaying web-type content, SketchUp uses Internet Explorer in Windows machines and Safari on the Mac, so the settings you are after are in those applications.

Anssi

[quote=“bhs67, post:6, topic:11527, full:true”]
Browser: How do I change the font color for this webpage only? What is the specific sequence? … I am using Firefox. Thanks!
[/quote] IE/Safari are always used by SketchUp - as explained you can adjust IE settings to use another background/text color, but with Firefox the options are limited…
You can change font color under options, but not much else…

To view this forum in Firefox, you need to do the same thing described above for viewing IE web content inside SU - open the Firefox settings, find the font settings and tweak what you can.

I use Chrome and found the font options under advanced settings. Chrome doesn’t have the option to change font color, but there are browser extensions that may add that ability to the browser.

These descriptions are quite complex. Font color has not been a problem with Microsoft sites / forums or StackOverflow forums. And they do not depend on browser settings.

What is the procedure to contact Sketchup marketing folks? I suspect they would be interested in ways that could increase their customer base. Thanks!

What happens with website fonts depends on how the site developer set things up. Some sites pre-select fonts and other sites allow viewers to choose font setting through their browser.

There are no font options in our forum preferences. So did you even try adjusting browser font settings to see if anything could be done that way?

This forum is run by Discourse. A request for font and background color options in your user preferences belongs in the Meta category.