Can't close some triangles of a curved surface

After a frustrating afternoon trying to make Curviloft skins some surfaces, I started to suspect that something was wrong with my contour not with Curviloft. So I split the surface and try to manually close it. I found that on 5 areas triangles don’t close the surface. I can’t find anything wrong on the surface border it is simple and seems perfectly normal, correctly connected and aligned. I attaches the file. In Green what I was able to automatically skinned with Curviloft. In Red the areas that don’t want to close, event manually, (and preventing Curviloft to work). In Yellow a triangle that close but with apparently a distorted geometry. Any idea?curviloft.skp (246.9 KB)
Thanks!

You have some inaccuracies in your model.
Inaccuracy

I’ve corrected the geometry and you can see it now works.
Curvilof13

Thank you Box. Pretty obvious, I was expecting something like this but missed it for some reason. I was working on my laptop, not the best video card. I also fix it myself as a learning exercise. I don’t know how these inaccuracies happened. This issue is really what bothering the most in Sketchup, happening often without clear reason.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.