Bring This Bridge To Life

Thanks very much. It’s been a hell of a road, but I’m pleased to say I’ve managed to bridge the gap.

I’ve had some people to help ferry me across the tougher waters during this project. You’ve been model SketchUp citizens. Without you I would have been rendered helpless many times.

1 Like

Nobody laughed at my incredibly lame puns.

I’m a sad panda now.

Perhaps, one in ten did.

Maybe I should have grouped them into components…

I said earlier I will avoid your threads as you take what I say the wrong way, and I should have stuck to it, I have in your other threads, but I thought you would at least recognize the old joke of ‘no pun in ten did’ no pun intended.
Worry you not I’ll not darken your door ever again

What do you want, me to apologize for flipping out on you? Fine, I’m sorry.

But my point from however many weeks ago stands. I asked for help with a simple rectangle and you lambasted me for not doing things like a professional 3D modeller.

Resume’ says electrician, not 3D computer modeller.

You don’t need to avoid my threads, but you could be less condescending.

I did … I literally LoL’d when I read your entry :wink:

Thanks. Sigh. Oh well.

Look we’re both getting too bent out of shape here.

I propose we watch A Flock Of Seagulls’ “I Ran (So Far Away)” music video and calm down.

It’s oddly relaxing.

I’ve never been that bent, if you read back though my posts with a different eye you may see it differently, .
I have had many apprentices, trainees and students, they seem to like my help.
I have never been one to accept less than the best because it means I’m failing as a teacher.
This forum is about learning, I tried to help you learn, at no time did I lambast you.

If you want a vid, go with this,

And I have to say, flock of seagulls!!! come on, all they do is fly in make a lot of noise, c rap on everything and buggar off.

I might have to put a flock of seagulls on my bridge model, to add realism.

There’s a reef out halfway alongside the bridge in the water (obviously), I might put them there.

That one jut to the west (left) looks horrible.

I created a component for you to use in your model :slight_smile:

flamingo.skp (79.6 KB)

I forget, how do I download that into my model?

Import >>

It keeps turning to face me, how weird.

Stop staring at me, flamingo!!

I need a vacation…

Soooooo…I did my first 3D Warehouse upload.

It’s the St Joseph Islander ferry. I finally decided to component it.

Check it out today. Or tomorrow. Or whenever.

I made it 3D printable, whatever that means.

Well…

The model is nearly done.

All I have to do is place a few seagulls and I think I can call it done.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in downloading the raw .SKP file and reviewing it for any flaws or mistakes that I should correct before trying to upload it to the 3D warehouse?

I decided to rough it and go over the entire model’s geometry one freaking line/arc/edge at a time. I’m finding a lot of hidden lines that I should have soft/smoothed instead, and a fair bit of excess geometry underneath the roadway going over the bridge.

Also, I painted both sides of some faces early on.

Hopefully I can trim this monstrosity down somewhat.

If I don’t post in like a week or so, I’m probably trapped under the roadway. Send sandwiches and Red Bull.

1 Like