Blender Discussion

Just to clarify, it is not moderators hiding anything. Discourse automatically hides post depending on the user being flagged.

I’m aware of that, since it was explained after an earlier dust-up. I think that the most visible Trimble people on the forum have done a stellar job (for the most part) in keeping this forum focused on constructive discussions, as I’ve said on more than one occasion, including here: Question about Anonymous Flagging - #4 by TheOnlyAaron

I’m all for keeping things civil, and I recognize that maintaining a functioning, non-toxic forum environment in the on-line world is a rare thing — for which you (personally) and your colleagues (particularly Colin and Jody) deserve much credit, as the most forward-facing members of the SU team.

But I think you’re directing your fire against the wrong targets in this situation. There is no post from Chipp on this thread that I consider either off-topic or spam, and the contention that Jody is objecting to here was not generated by Chipp.

If Chipp is so disruptive to your eyes (not your’s personally, but the SU Team’s), then ban him.

If it’s so offensive to discuss (and advocate) for Blender on a SU-sponsored forum, then ban such discussions entirely.

But until and unless that happens: if other users object to discussions about Blender (who have no interest in Blender themselves, just animus towards Chipp) then they should just stay TF out of this thread and leave us be… put it on ‘ignore’, lower their own stress, and chalk it up to contributing to a better on-line community.

2 Likes