Beginner question : how do I connect these two surfaces with a single face?

I am trying to create this

It does not need to be exactly the same-just to give the viewer the idea
I got this far
X72ctRX1
I need to create a surface that connect the perimeter of the blue surface with the perimeter of green surface. Is there a plugin or anything that does that ? The vertical black lines can be deleted if needed

Are you actually using SketchUp 2014 Make as indicated in your profile? If not, which version? That will determine how you can do what you want.

That shape can be created with the Sandbox from Contours tool. Or Fredo6’s Curviloft extension. I don’t know if the latter will work with your antediluvian SketchUp version (2014).

1 Like

Sorry for that , I am on Sketchup 2018

Please update your profile.

So as @Anssi wrote you could do what you need with the Sandbox Tools or the Curviloft extension. You could also use TIG’s Extrude tools. It could even be done with the native tools by starting with a cylinder and selectively scaling and resizing one end to make it an oval.

1 Like

Or just draw edges

3 Likes

Thank you guys, profile updated
Some of these extensions are not really user friendly, in particular for beginners like me
If I do something wrong they just keeps produce error sounds … really frustrating

Native tools

5 Likes

Curviloft wants money
Mihai’s solution is free
TIG’s extension gave me the headache

I will implement Mihai’s solution thank you guys

1 Like

If you spend some time at The Learning Center, you will learn how to use the tools to get what you want. (interactive tutorials) Also, go to The SketchUp YouTube Channel and pay attention to the Square One series. Both are sponsored by the SketchUp Crew and well worth the time spent there.

1 Like

Click in sequence on the scenes tabs of this SU file for ideas.

Circular to oblong adapter.skp (266.8 KB)

2 Likes

Here’s another version using only native tools.

9 Likes