Ability to delete drawing template from preferences SU 2018

I want to edit the names of my templates and delete unwanted ones.

You can edit your own templates or delete them if you no longer use them. The templates that come from SketchUp are part of the program but there’s no need to modify or delete them if you don’t use them. Set up your own default template and use it going forward.

Your profile says ios 10.13.2. I’m guessing that this is supposed to mean macOS 10.13.2. This would maybe be best to do this when SketchUp isn’t running. Go to this folder:

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Templates

~ is your home folder. Replace 2018 with the SketchUp version you’re using.

Then just rename the files to whatever you want.
Edit:
Apple tries to hide your home folder Library now. If you don’t know how to access it, hold ⌥ and click the Go Menu in the Finder, then choose Library. For a more permanent solution, use this command in Terminal to make it visible:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

You cannot do this from within SketchUp but you can edit files and their names in the OS file browser. The Window menu>Preferences>Files dialog in SketchUp has a buttons to open the file locations in Windows Explorer or the Finder in Mac. This applies to the templates you have created yourself. The built-in templates are still for some reason located within the Program Files folder. I wouldn’t go to tamper with them although it is possible.

Yeah Thank you.

Very clear directions. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.