3d Warehouse not working

3d warehouse not loading

Working for me, and I have alarms to tell me if it isn’t. So details, please: OS, browser and SketchUp versions. On PC / Mac, does it not work in IE / Safari? Does Extension Warehouse work? Can you click on the little person in the lower left of the SketchUp window and login to SketchUp et al. Thanks.

Hello Berry,
I am using Crome on a PC. When i try to load it a blank screen and it will tell me to retry with no results
The Extension does work.
Thanks

No idea. You are typing in https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/ ? We’re served through Amazon, so try DNS Propagation Checker - Global DNS Testing Tool and pick a url that’s close to where you are on our planet, and see if it works? Weird.

The one thing that would break it on PC is if you set high security on Internet. You haven’t done that, have you?

I am having the same problem. I am using Firefox (and also just tried Chrome). I cannot access 3d Warehouse I get a message saying: “The connection has timed out
The server at 3dwarehouse.sketchup.com is taking too long to respond.”

I can access other websites no problem. It has been a problem for me for the last 2 days. I cannot log in via Sketchup or a browser… And I have WORK TO DO!

Well, one user fixed this, and it’s Comcast. Which led me to dig up the answer we got from Comcast last summer at a school for kids on the Autism Spectrum:

The problem was that “Smart Packet Protection” had been enabled on our Comcast System. This “protection” was an extra layer of blocking or security for Comcast customers. It was a feature that Comcast implemented on all customers, but had since disabled on all customers because there were so many problems with it. It had been “enabled” in our Comcast system when it was not supposed to be.

Thank you, Any idea how I disable it?

…
Anne Niedergang, Architect

Hello Annie,Go to comcast web site and go to contact they will show how to get into the router. Then turn off the “Smart Packet Protection”.

Thank you, when I returned to my computer today I was able to see 3dwarehouse so it appears to be an intermittent problem. I then logged into my router and disabled the Smart Packet Protection, hopefully the issue won’t reoccur.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

I was having the same problem. I would go to 3d warehouse and it would show me a blank screen. After reading your post, I went to my Start Button>Control Panel>Internet Options>Security and changed it to Medium. that fixed my problem. 3d warehouse is now working correctly. thank you!

1 Like

Hi I am using Windows 10 and SketchUp Pro16.
I can open up 3D warehouse and it allows me to import two models but after that it no longer works unless I save the plan, exit SketchUp and then reopen 3D warehouse where it will let me download another 2 models and then stops working and this carries on… Is this a problem for anyone else or just peculiar to me? Could I be doing something wrong or is there a glitch in 3D Warehouse? Any advice would be gratefully received.

Sounds strange - why would 2 be a magic number? What kind of network are you on, or what kind of anti-virus. When I see strange stuff like this, that’s often the first place I look. If you’re SketchUp 2016, it’s still using embedded browser (IE on PC, Safari on Mac) stuff, so clearing browser info is good. If it was 2017, that’s now using Chromium. When downloads fail, try going to the appropriate browser (IE, Safari, Chrome) and try to download - IE 11 in your case. Does it work?