3D warehouse model as part of background digital art

Hi, i’m currently making paid drawing request and i need some building in the background to complete it. so i’m thinking of using part of the model (change it to 2d form) in my work. is it allowed? or do i have to contact the developer for the license? it’s said that combined work is allowed, but i’m still not sure what amount is allowed and what not.

thank you

Your profile says you are using SketchUp Free (Web) and using it for paid work is a violation of the EULA you agreed to in order to use it.

If you get a subscription to either SketchUp Shop or SketchUp Pro you should be allowed to use the 3D Warehouse content in your work. Many professionals use content from the 3D Warehouse in their work. that’s a large part of why the 3D Warehouse exists. If you have any further questions about it you should retain legal counsel and have them interpret the terms of use for both SketchUp and the 3D Warehouse.

thank you for explaining. i’ll take a look at the subscription then, cause i usually use sketchup only for school work :blush:

Generally for school or for hobby use, the free version is fine but if you are getting paid you need an appropriate license.

okay, thank you again

1 Like