3D model Rotations?

Try 0%

2 Likes

Hi, you could maybe have a look at Keyframe Animation Overview - Keyframe Animation - Regular Polygon

Hereā€™s an interactive way of showing something like this. Just drag on the ā€œcrateā€ image and drag it left or right to rotate it.

I modeled the object in SketchUp, then rendered it and exported the animation in KeyShot Pro.

KeyShot also allows you the option of exporting as a continuously rotating turntable animation.

2 Likes

There is also a plugin by ā€œDe Luminae Labā€ called DL-Camera_Circle that does rotations. https://deluminaelab.com/company/en/camera_circle.html

SketchUcation link: https://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?pln=dl_camera_circle

1 Like

a Vray rendered spin exampleā€¦

dodec_rot

4 Likes

Nice model and animation. Thanksā€¦

1 Like

@Rocketman , if I were you, Iā€™d mark @Fredo6 's response (#5) as the ā€œSolutionā€. It most closely answers your request for ā€œsoftwareā€ (an extension) that facilitates creating a rotating object video. I just spent a lot of time pouring over Fredoā€™s linked tutorial on it and produced this:

(Experimenting again with SmugMug as host for my video here instead of being stuck with YouTube - Weā€™ll see. Edit: Meh! it takes you off to SmugMug in a new tab - a reasonable question to discuss in Meta catagory.)

1 Like

Iā€™m making a ten second animation with three scenes; scene one - camera above looking down at object, scene two final position - camera position right next to object (almost horizontal) focusing on a model detail, scene three - camera adjustment between scenes to prevent the path from approaching the object too closely since the path between scene one and scene two was too direct (not circling correctly).

Though the overall animation works, thereā€™s a bit of a hiccup (bounce effect) as soon as it hits scene three. Is there a method in animator to ā€œsmoothā€ out the transition?

Iā€™d love to have the effect of one smooth movement between camera angles but be able to control the arc or distance from object. Basically, a 180Ā° camera rotation with the starting point looking down and the end point horizontal with curve that respects a ā€œmodifiedā€ distance between the two points.
Does that make sense?

Not that I have found, with a fair amount of experimenting. I really would like there to be a way in Animator to define a camera path as a series of control points, and have the fly-through use some sort of smoothed path (e.g., spline) so that there is no abrupt angle or speed change at the control-points.

I eventually wrote my own Ruby script to perform an animated camera following a spline path, with speed-up and slowdown and pauses. Itā€™s pretty ugly but got the job done.

2 Likes

Iā€™m trying to follow your description.
ā€œā€¦ between scene one and scene threeā€, was that a typo I guess?

1 Like

No, Wo3Dan, itā€™s confusing the way I described it. Sorry. I edited above and this is the clarification.
Scene one and two were starting point and ending point. But, the transition between the two was too severe, approaching the object too closely instead of circlingā€¦ so, I added a 3rd scene between the two to balance out the distance in the arch of the animation. Does that make more sense?

1 Like

Thought Iā€™d try Camera Key Maker to see if that would help out but, having issues with that tooā€¦ but, different ones. :slight_smile:

It is difficult to help without seeing the model.

Also, do not expect miracles with Animator. I would suggest that you first play the animation Scene1, Scene 2, Scene 3 with the native Sketchup animation tool and see if you get a hiccup.

1 Like

Clothbox Animation work test vSU21.skp (736.0 KB)

Hi Fredo6,
Providing model here.
Andā€¦ youā€™re right, your Animator plugin is so cool, I WAS expecting miracles!!! :slight_smile:

And yes, SU produces the same bump described above as is normal in SU animation sequences with different scenes. Was hoping that Animator had a ā€œsmoothingā€ transition that would be the miracle that default SU canā€™t perform.

Iā€™m thinking that the question has been replied to if there is not a smoothing tool for camera path.

But, again, thank you for Animator. Such a cool extension!!!

The bump is very light and not ā€˜un-naturalā€™ actually.

There is nothing you can do better with the current version of Animator, until I integrate a follow-path camera.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming. Much appreciated.

Anyone have experience with SU Animate (from the people who did SU Podium, I believe)? I think I saw it demonstrated at 3D Basecamp along side Animator and native SketchUp animation, but that was a while ago to remember details.

1 Like

Pretty cool, Mike.