3 Ways to boost your CAD to 3D Workflow

You might love or hate CAD files, but if you find .dwg files circling through your workflow, we suggest you check out the latest Campus Track: 3 Ways to boost your CAD to 3D Workflow

The process is broken down into 3 methods, which also apply to how you might receive .dwg files. If you create the files yourself, check out our suggestions for how to optimize the files before importing them into SketchUp.

If you are given the files and just need to make the best of them inside SketchUp, we’ve got you covered there as well with 2 different approaches with suggestions for using the native tools or some extensions.

Please share your feedback and ask questions here, we are eager to hear what you think.

9 Likes

It was a beneficial track of classes. Only thing that I might suggest is explain more as doing things, such as deleting/hiding layers in track one. That went by really fast and I had to watch that step several times. I get both cad files and PDFs and they each have their challenges in getting into SU. Thanks for doing these!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, if you have any more, please let us know.