Windows on a tram side

I have drawn a tram side and have made its final shape but now I want to fit some windows but when I draw them they are not on the side but up above so how do I get them on the side?

Probably move them down where you want them. Kind of hard to give you more information because you aren’t providing much to go on.

Hello Dave,

File with the problem attached.

Gordon

(Attachment Tunnel car saloon 1.skb is missing)

Attach the .skp file, not the .skb which is a backup file.

Hello Dave,

File with the problem attached.

Gordon

Tunnel car saloon 1.skp (1.46 MB)

I didn’t find any windows in your model to move so I don’t know what to tell you there.

I am puzzled by a few things. Your model turned off axis and shifted away from the origin. Why is that? That will make it hard to work on. The model is rotated about every axis.

For what the model is, you have some fairly deep nesting and the near carriage side is all loose geometry.

I gave up trying to sort it all out. It was easier to redraw the side from scratch making sure everything is on axis.

Dimensions seem rather strange and difficult to work with. Are the really what you want? I modeled the new carriage side to match your dimensions but it was a pain.

Back to the windows. Since I never was able to see what you had, I can’t tell you how to deal with them. If I were modeling the windows for this thing, I would model the first one in place and copy it down the length with Move/Copy. Or if I had to model it out of place, I would do it directly above where it needs to go to make moving it into place easier.

Here is your file with the new sides. Since I don’t really know what your windows are supposed to look like, the ones I made in the GIF aren’t included.
Tunnel car saloon 1.skp (285.8 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.