I’ve been doing a lot of research lately about the latest laptops that are out in the market.
of course it would be difficult to find THE PERFECT one. but I am trying. Please feel free to pitch in to share your knowledge or experience.
I currently own MacBook Air mid-2011. Which has i5 core clocked at 1.7GHz.
4GB memory, with 256GB SSD.
I still am quite happy with my setup (hardware performance), but I feel the need to move back to Windows side.
I have big fat windows machine at home and work, it’s a drag to have a Mac in between.
YES, you can use bootcamp and parallels stuff, and I do use it. but all of my shortkeys messed up, some things are still iffy. and ultimately, why bother using a Mac if im using Windows all the time? anyways, back to the point.
So, I’m happy with my current hardware performance.
As I move I would like a laptop that’s as light (mobile) as MacBook Air. Because I will be carrying this one with me at all times.
I am seeing a lot of high resolution laptops on the martket. I do like them as I will also be doing a lot of graphics work.
I think touchscreen is something that will come really handy.
Softwares I use day to day:
and others, but they wouldn’t be as fire power demanding.
Here are three laptops that I have been looking lately.
Dell XPS 13 - i5, 8GB, 256GB SSD, QHD+ touchscreen
- love the mobility and its screen with thin bezel
- killer performance
- bummer it doesn’t allow tablet mode with flipped screen even with nice resolution touchscreen.
Lenovo yoga 3 pro - core m, 8GB, 256GB SSD, touchscreen
- Love the fact it can be versatile to be a tablet also
- i feel that it would be a bit too big to carry
- worried that the performance (core m)may not be as good as my trusty i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - i5, 8GB, 256GB SSD, touchscreen
- performance would be good
- this is a tablet gone wild rather than a laptop that has tablet function
- like its integration with tablet pen, although I may not end up using it much
Some of my points may not make much of sense (sign of me struggling). I know new line of laptops will be released towards the end of the year, but I just wanted to see what other people are thinking of them. Please share your awesome knowledge!