When Will Twilight Render Be Properly Signed and Support High DPI Screens?

FYI,… First of all, the first post. It near to impossible to follow this post as it’s a huge run on paragraph. (People will keep losing their place whilst trying to read it. In the future please separate the thoughts and points into their own paragraphs. It also makes it easier for people to respond.)

Then the second post,… it is not easy to read text without the sentences being capitalized.

I think most of what was said in the opening post was mostly a frustration rant, so I’ll only speak to a few points.

[quote=“michaellowe, post:1, topic:41319”]
Google seems to be going the way of microsoft and releasing versions of their software that in truth arent actually ready for the public yet they still put them to market and sell them as stable and supported? why would they do this?? just pisses off their customers who cant use the software to its full potential. I dont know maybe I am talking out of turn here?[/quote]

Google has nothing to do with SketchUp anymore. Google sold SketchUp and it’s family of products and services, to Trimble Navigation, Ltd., in 2012.

Of course it is. Trimble cannot legally force another company to support all particular or any specific SketchUp versions, nor particular hardware products or configurations. (Everyone is responsible for their own “stuff.”)

Most here will advise you to try before you buy. I think most renderers will have a trial edition, that you can take for a spin and see how it works and feels.

This has been said many times, and refuted many times over. There are other threads were this can be re-argued if you like,… but that debate belongs in the Feature Requests category.

You should most definately read the discussion thread started by Tommy from the SketchUp team, with regard to the company philosophy around what SketchUp is and what features it will have:

[quote=“michaellowe, post:5, topic:41319”]
i just want a renderer … so which one is best for landscape design?
happen to know or anyone that does?[/quote]

This has been asked too many times (in this forum) for me to remember. There are many threads on this, and all answers are subjective, but still many experienced opinions are helpful to new renderers.

At the top right, on the forum header bar, are 3 icons.

Magnifying Glass = Quick Search
Hamburger = Forum Jump menu

Use the search by clicking :mag: and type “best renderer”.

If that is not enough, try other combinations of keywords or use the advanced search page by clicking the “options” link at the top right of the quick search menu. (It will bring forward any search terms currently inside the search box.)

To keep your search terms, right-click a result “hit” and choose “open in new tab.”