What version of OpenGL is supported on GeForce 9600 GT, and what is latest Win7 driver for it?

OK. That’s good. Can you hire a sky writer as well? LOL

This is all fine, but it’s misleading in that it never says to check the Nvidia setting for how things are processed. Apparently the default setting is to use the CPU and not the card. My Nvidia card cost me $600 and was factory settings to work this way. I almost abandoned SU2017 due to frustration. BTW, Checkup wouldn’t run either.

There are a lot of graphics cards out there.

My nVidia card was set up correctly out of the box. I didn’t need to change anything to be able to run SketchUp 2017. I haven’t seen anyone else report that they had to do that, either.

Maybe it’s your “xyz” card. :slight_smile:

Well that may be so, but both of my computers? The laptop is at least 3 years old and the PC card I only 6 months old. Alas, I guess it’s a mute point now. It did take the Sketchup tech guy in a remote session to figure it out, but he did and the solution is a super easy fix.
Hopefully if someone else has the same issue they’ll find this discussion.

Perhaps you could post a screen shot of the nVidia control panel showing the setting to change for others who might have the problem.

Good idea. I’ll do so this evening. Traveling at the moment.

OpenGL historically was downward compatible but at around version 3.0 it was deprecated and all version are not the same. Read the disclaimer the link Dan gave and even the Nvidia site states what is specifically in you machine can depend on the developer. That is a reason for having a test ver. vs what is stated. I could not find the verification program on the Khronus site (as noted) and have doubts you get what is needed although they do have a link for NVidia drivers but that may take you back to what Dan posted:anguished:.

Small bit of progress. I’ve emailed nVidia to ask if there is any driver version for 9600 GT which supports OpenGL 3 or later.

AND i find that in one other old desktop computer, I have a GeForce 430 GT for which there ARE later drivers. The 430 is a later, but slower, card, and the latest nVidia GeForce drivers will install for it - v 376.33 with support for OpenGL 4.

So I’ve just installed SU 2017 on that computer, which is running Windows 10 Home.

These drivers are so much fun…

1 Like