What subjects should I study for SU & 3d printing

Would the companies the do 3d printing be the best resource for such info?
Or are there better resources for such info?

The properties of the materials used in 3-D printing.

The different types of 3-D printing, and their strengths and weaknesses.

1 Like

Do you have any resources for such info you could point me to?

Thanks,

. [quote=“appliancejunk, post:3, topic:21675”]
Do you have any resources for such info you could point me to?
[/quote]

Not really. I was sort of hoping more people would have chimed in by now. At this point, I would just be Googling it just like you.

However, I do recommend Marcus’ book for getting started: 3D Printing with Sketchup now available – Denali 3D Design

I have to ask, are you yet another iteration of this plugin developer.
Multiple user names promoting the same thing is very suspicious.

I am here to learn more about SketchUp and also help out when I can.

So, yes you are one of the developers user names.

1 Like

I am simply here to either learn or contribute to this community. I didn’t completely understand your question. My colleagues and I did recently introduce ourselves to this community for quite the same reason. If you would like to get to know us, check out the introduction page. We will be happy to get to know you as well.

Cheers,

Reem

Hi Box,

Reem is a co-worker of mine and I will ask her to stop posting and\or sending any link related to MP.

Going back to the original topic, anyone who wants to get started with sketchup and 3D printing should know about:

1. STL file format,3MF or any other format used for 3D printing as .skp is not supported directly.
  2. The structural issues of a 3D model and what is required to make it print which relates also the the next two points.
  3. The printing mechanism (FDM, SLA, SLS)
  4. The material used, as each material has it’s own physical properties and will affect the constrains of the design.
  5. If you are going to use an FDM machine like Ultimaker then you should also understand slicers and GCode.

Hope these points help out.