Very Large DXF File on Export

Hi all. I’ve got my plywood based model laid out on sheets, 8 sheets in the largest file, and exported to DXF. The resulting file size is 122MB. On the options I exported edges and text only.

The only reason I can possibly see for such a large file is that I have maybe around 30 layers in the SU file. Could this be the reason? Anything I can do to reduce the file to a manageable size for emailing?

Thanks.

I doubt that the layers would make that difference .You could test by doing a Select All, Paste in Place into a new document, to see what one layer would give you.

1 Like

Hi Colin. I did as you suggested and it reduced even the biggest file to under 1MB. :slight_smile: Thanks for that suggestion. When I pasted the parts into a document it created only the layers that were used and not all of the layers in the model. Bit of a muck around but did the trick, thanks.

Brad.

It would be interesting to go into one of the big files, choose Model Info/Statistics, and Purge Unused. See if that also gets rid of things not really being used.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.