Trying to make 120 pen holder

As I said, triple click to select and then use Shift with double click to deselect the face leaving the holes selected to delete.

2 Likes

I don’t have the X icon, Where do I find that or how do I erase the items

Just hit the Delete key.

Or go to the View menu and turn on the Standard toolbar in Toolbars.

I missed that step, I finally hit the delete key. I’m trying to not delete the center circle. I used the center circle as a place holder. I’m also having a problem printing to actual size on one sheet. I have 3 or 4 blank sheets and the drawing is split between two sheets. It has space to fit on a 8.5" paper and it does. The top and bottom sections are on two pages.

The ‘trick’ to getting a view to print on one page from SU itself is to make sure that the viewport closely bounds the model, and is approximately the same proportions as the paper you are printing on.

Search this forum for ‘printing to scale’ or similar to get more comprehensive explanations. What gets printed is what is visible in the viewport - including any blank space in the view around the model. Start with Zoom Extents, then adjust the zoom level and window size to get a close match of model extents to the edges of the viewport.

Here is the finish product

3 Likes

Very good. I hope the artiste likes it.

It’s a good thing you put some pens in it or it would be hard to find. :wink:

Instead of using acrylic which breaks VERY easy when drilling use Lexan it will not break.

Where were you before he made this?

1 Like

Lol, I do not know . I just saw the thread and thought to comment. I was in that field of work for over 30 years.

I have a local store called multi craft plastic. They sell their odds and ends very cheap. I did buy a plastic drill bit, which worked great with no chipping.

The multiple sheet print is not new and has been around for some time. Zooming to make the model fit the view port works some times but, SU knows the screen pixel extents, the printer DPI setting and the model size. If the calculated view port size is larger ( Including allowance for tool bars, margins which you can also measure ) than the paper size it “tile” prints. Using the PRO version helps.
One can aslo use the info in the SU print preview settings info boxes, export the model as jpg, use a image editor like GIMP or PS and print to correct scale and avoid the tiling. The reason those programs have what is called a centering algorithm which SU does not have.
BTW you can also cut and past the SU output to make the template you want.