Trimble have stolen my software

Easier to give you the text of the email from sketchup-pro-sales last year -

"To clarify, when you purchased maintenance and support in June, you purchased the current version of the software, the 2015 version. We don’t sell dated versions of the software. There is no option to
“downgrade”.

Also, you have 2 licenses, and you only purchased the maintenance and support for 1 of the licenses. So you did get an email letting you know that the other license expired from maintenance and support. You have 1 license on maintenance and support that expires June 18th 2016 and one license that expired on June 25th 2015.

I can provide you with a 2014 license that will last for 1 year from your renewal date. Version 2014 will work with Vista. You have purchased one 2015 license, so when you upgrade your OS, you will have access to the 2015 version.

If you would like to renew the 2nd license, I can also provide a temporary 2014 license for that as
well.

Here is the 2014 license information for 1 single user license."

Jim,
Sorry to hear you are having trouble, as you pasted in your last reply, this SketchUp Pro 2014 license was a temporary (expiring) license. If you don’t have any plans on upgrading your OS, please contact support at: Support - Technical Support | SketchUp Help and we can try to help you.

Thanks ty_s,
However I’ve contacted support and have been going round in circles that is why I’ve come onto the forum. Here is an email I’ve just received from JK at Sketchup-pro-sales -

"You cannot purchase a new license without the maintenance and support.

Again, I can create a temporary license for 2014 for you to use, however you will need to renew your maintenance and support for me to be able to create that.

You cannot use the new license code in a different version of the software. 2016 code will only work in the 2016 software."

So Trimble are still wanting me to pay $120 for maintenance and support that I don’t want in order to run an old version of SU!?

I have contacted technical support on the link suggested by ty_s and the issue has been resolved very quickly, much to my relief…

Update.

I have bought a new laptop and am trying to install my old SketchUp licenses on it as I need the various version plugins for work.

I have paid for all of this.

My pre 2017 paid version licenses are not installing I get an “oops” error.

When I contact “support” I am told again that earlier versions of the license I have paid for are now deactivated and I can’t use them.

Yet on here we are told differently.

Trimble, give me the licenses that I have paid for in full back again please and stop deactivating them.

I have paid for everything all the way, why are you making life hard for me?
Are we supposed to try Pirate Bay if we want reliable software now?

Yes.

Thanks Google for selling us down the river.

Yes apparently they do.
Here is cut and paste from Ty at Trimble support today.

"As you start using your new SketchUp license on new computers, the old licenses are deactivated in our system. "

He is now not replying to my pleas for reinstatement of the old licenses I paid for in good faith.

OK, I’ve figured it out.

If you DON"T UPGRADE, they don’t deactivate your old license.

Wish I had know that years ago.