Tool Bars exploding

This problem seems to happen when closing SU after a session using Vray. Its happened a hand full of times and I only noticed the last couple of times after doing some renders. I save the file then close as I normally do with the “X” in the upper right corner of the window. One time it seemed to not be closing so I used the file pulldown and chose exit. The issue is all of my toolbars are undocked and the tray is turned off. I doubt there is a fix until the next patch comes out and I cannot say it happens everytime I use vray. I really dont want to continue to “practice” placing the tool bars. It takes more than a minute.

In case anyone is running low!

The typical cause of this sort of the thing is that SketchUp doesn’t have correct premissions from Windows to write the PrivatePreferences.json file. Close SketchUP and do a cold reboot of the computer. Then find the installer in your Downloads folder, right click on it, choose Run as administrator, and then Repair. Open SketchUp and setup the toolbars as desired. Also open a model and do something simple. Then save the file and close SketchUp. Reopen it and see if the toolbars stuck.

2 Likes