Tip for Custom Scrapbooks

I was just making a new scrapbook and thought I’d share a tip that might not be very obvious. The width of the paper relative to the content impacts the display of the scrapbook items in the Scrapbook panel. For example here I have my content on the default letter size paper.

When saved as a scrapbook the content shows up very small in the panel.
Screenshot%20-%2010_11_2019%20%2C%204_58_34%20PM

By reducing the size of the page show it is only slightly larger than the content…

…the items are spread across the Scrapbook panel and are easier to see.
Screenshot%20-%2010_11_2019%20%2C%204_57_32%20PM

14 Likes

Like this?

Screenshot - 5_20_2021 , 9_20_42 AM

No worries. I know a couple of odd Swedes, too. :smiley:

I first had this problem but thanks to your tip I solved it :slight_smile:
Now I have two other questions.

1. my items where grouped before saved to a scrapbook -but when I try to use it - the different parts in the group comes in separatly - please see photo - only the sketch comes not the text labels - and this was done before I read your tip so scrapbook is tiny - I do not know how to grab all of it?
  2. when I chose the scrapbook and apply it again I get this error item first - where it says rendring failed. reduce the image size or DPI. however second application I get the scrapbook as it should look - how can I do it without getting the error first?

Any help appriciated -thanks.

It’s hard to tell with just the screen shot.

Click on the Edit button in the Scrapbooks panel and then save out the Scrapbook file to your Desktop or someplace and share it. Send it in a PM if you prefer by clicking on my name and then “Message”.

I wonder if the problem has anything to do with how small the object is on the page in the scrapbook.

Hahaha be happy you do not know me then… :wink:

1 Like

I am lost - I click on Edit button next to the scrapbook - but nothing happens?!

It should open the scrapbook page as a LayOut project.

I sent you a PM. Click on the S in the blue circle in the upper right corner of the forum page.