Text Printing Bug

SketchUp Free is really designed as a hobbyist thing for making 3D models for fun, 3D printing, that sort of thing. It is not designed for doing proper permitting documents or other construction documents for buildings.

The .skp file from SketchUp Free will open in SketchUp Pro with no problem.

The ā€œFreeā€ version Iā€™m using has indicated that since the processing has slowed I could upgrade to another SU software (Pro, etc.)

SketchUp Pro can generally handle larger, more complex model files than the web versions.

BTW, I ā€œsharedā€ a link with my nephew, who is an architect and uses SU (Pro, I think) in an earlier version and he said it would not let him download itā€¦?

Probably because you shared a link for the viewer, not a download link for the model. He could look at the model in the online viewer but nothing more.

I may have stumbled upon my issueā€¦

I earlier recā€™d a 30 day evaluation of SU 2023 and chose to use ā€œFreeā€ for that reason. However, I remembered SU let me download on my computer. I just tried to open SU 2023 and recā€™d the below error messageā€¦I have an ā€œoldā€ HP laptop that most likely does not have enough ā€œumphā€ to do the job. Was hoping to get this across the finish line w/o having to get a new computer/laptop/tablet, etc. I guess I may have to ā€œbite the bulletā€.

In any regard, thanks for your assistance and input!

That would probably sort out the sluggishness.

Sounds like youā€™ve entered a Little Tykes Cozy Coupe into a Sprint Car race. :crazy_face: