Subscription?!?

Thanks - I will pass that info back to the reseller.

I believe this is correct, but I’m struggling to understand too.

As I understand it, taking advantage of the offer does impact a classic users ability to receive updates under their perpetual license for the remainder of their M&S period. So once you accept the offer the current version of classic is the last you will ever have. If there is a maintenance release or a 2021 version you would not get perpetual access to that newer version, even if it were released during what would have been your paid year of M&S. This looks like the only disadvantage and a trade off for the reduced cost. There are of course no guarantees that any releases will be made in the next year, in the past here have been but this is new territory.

No need for sarcasm. Some of us like to have clear and concise wording when it comes to taking big financial jumps and while the way things were worded were clear for you, others like me just want clarity. Now that it is understood, I’ll stick with what I have, since it suits my needs just fine, despite the hangups with 2020 and third party add-ons. As far as “being on my own”, well honestly, I’ve been on my own with SU for quite long enough to either a) do a search online or b) figure it out myself. The way I see it, if it’s working now, it’ll work five years from now and as for crashes, I’m use to them.

I hate to say it, but being strung along, all this time by Trimble, only to find out that they needed more money to produce better content, sorry, that’s just plain bad business.

Trimble’s business model is a total joke, as is their product. SketchUp needs to be scrapped completely and rebuilt from the ground up, but that’s never gonna happen.