SKP crashes when closing file

SKP crashes when closing file. I can’t seem to file it away. Of course when I reopen… there it is. It’s taking up workspace. FYI models are from 3D warehouse?

SketchUp crashing on close may be caused by an extensions. Which ones do you use?

What can’t be filed away? Can’t you save the file?

What is where when you re-open? How is it taking up workspace and what do you mean by workspace?

Is the models being from 3D Warehouse a question?

What version of SketchUp? You’re profile doesn’t say.

See below

Xhibit LAB

CUSTOM 3D EXHIBIT & EVENT DESIGN

Jeffrey Hangartner

10 Aquadilla Court

Fort Myers, Florida 33912

Cell 573-210-6793

All that’s below is your signature info, which doesn’t answer @eneroth3’s question about installed extensions (and also violates forum guidelines. Please don’t include that info in your posts. This is a public forum and such info can be easily mined by bots to invade your privacy!).

SketchUp crashing on close may be caused by an extensions. Which ones do you use? No other file has ever done this.

What can’t be filed away? Because it crashes when attempting to close it Can’t you save the file? Yes, the file does save.

What is where when you re-open? The file automatically reappears when I open SKP again after the crash, because it wasn’t put away. How is it taking up workspace and what do you mean by workspace? I
have two large files open, the one I need to work on for my client and the one I can’t close out. That takes up memory and slows down SKP while
I’m working. I call the “workspace” the window or the model I’m currently working on.

Is the models being from 3D Warehouse a question? Perhaps the model I downloaded is corrupt.??

For
the time being, I renamed the funky file and saved it. Then I took the whole modeled scene and deleted everything, just to free up the model I’m working on. I have a deadline and need to work quickly.

Thank you

So with that, I guess we say, “Case closed.”

Case closed? I still don’t know why it crashes.

I’m not sure if we’re communicating.

We’ve asked you if you’re using components downloaded from the 3D Warehouse that might be an issue and we’ve asked you what version of SketchUp you are using. I haven’t seen a clear answer to either question yet. From your previous post, it looks like you decided to just delete a bunch of stuff from the model and plow ahead.

How big is the file? Is there a bunch of unused stuff that should be purged? Have you actually examined assets you’ve installed from the 3D Warehouse to identify problematic ones? Where are you saving the file to? when SketchUp crashes, do you get any sort of error message or Bug Splat? If you’re getting a Bug Splat, are you sending it in with your name and e-mail address attached?

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.