Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I am not sure if this is the correct forum as I am new to this community. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have been using Sketchup Free for quite some time as a hobby and have been attempting to convince my company (electrical engineering firm/ cad development) that it could be very useful for us as a design tool. I purchased an annual license to Sketchup Shop to convert my drawings to autocad format (.dwg) to reinforce my point and encourage investment into Pro for our teams. It worked flawlessly for the first night, creating perfectly scaled 2D drawings for autocad, but since then (2 days) I have been unable to export anything except .png. It goes through the process (packing geometry, sending model, starting conversion) but always stops fails (Error - We encountered a problem during this operation). In addition, all previous models that have not had time to expire in the Imports/Exports section no longer show up. I have emailed technical support and received no response.
I have attempted the following in an effort to solve my problem:
- Closed and reopend the Sketchup window
- Tried on a different browser (Int Exp) (I use chrome)
- Tried on a different internet connection
- Updated the driver for my graphics card (Intel HD 620)
- Cleared browsing and cookie information
- Signed out and resigned in
- Attempted to export a simple 3d cube of 1’x1’x1’
- Scoured the internet for solutions
Thank you for any possible help. I really want this software to work properly and I would love to be able to implement it for my company. There is a lot of value in being able to create a 3d model and then converting different perspectives into cad format.