SketchUp Performance Speed Correct me if I'm wrong

Because sketchup only uses 1 thread, that becomes the bottleneck for modeling speed. You can have the best of the line graphics card, but at some point, modeling speed is still limited to the 1 thread of CPU usage. SO…sketchup’s solution is to not make the program scalable to a users upgraded hardware set, but to, instead, give direction on how to not use certain features of the program i.e. shadows, anti-aliasing settings to make everything run faster.

Are there any foreseeable upgrades to the way the software uses a computers hardware?

The softwares graphic settings are huge benefit, but modeling speed for professsionals is a complete joke. What are some software alternatives that can provide faster modeling with similar default graphic quality?

There are already enough threads discussing and arguing over this topic:

1 Like

As said many times, none. Intel released the first Pentium processor in 1993, and the first dual processor motherboards appeared at the same time. And, for instance, Autodesk, promised that a multithreading modeller version of 3D Studio Max was just around the corner. It has not happened yet. Non-realtime rendering is widely multithreaded but modelmaking has not benefited from added processor cores.

Anssi