Should topic threads stay open or be closed after 90 days?

can you just disable and solve the issue finally?

1 Like

Yes, it has been disabled. But any posts that were created when the 3-month rule was in place will still close after 3 months (I can always re-open them, though).

3 Likes

@Caroline

This is an ongoing and unresolved issue for now that interests me particularly. I would like to see it reopened in case of future developments or even a solution like the one dangled before us in the thread. We always have hope…

1 Like

If you ever want to look into re-opening all closed topics, here’s are links to each and every automatically closed topic: Profile - system - SketchUp Community.

1 Like

Given the ease of separating the wheat from the chaff, there ought to be a way to easily reopen all.

2 Likes

@Caroline, why are brand spankin’ new topic threads still displaying the
This topic will close 3 months after the last reply.” warning at the bottom ?

Example:

1 Like

Yes, just another ‘feature’ of the infernal auto-close bot.
@Caroline, I thought the decision had been made to pull the plug on auto-close?

And another freaky side-effect of the System Close bot is it appears a bunch of times in search results !

1 Like

This is so aggravating!

1. Can someone help me open this closed thread? I want to update that we have a new version out… and I can’t without opening another thread.
    https://forums.sketchup.com/t/componentfinder/67945

2. Is there a quick response thread or center for opening up locked threads? Maybe even a button right next to the lock symbol can say "Think this thread should be open? Send an ‘open request’ …

only a few have the power!!!

I think @TheOnlyAaron, @eneroth3, @SketchUp_Moderator all can…

john

1 Like

In addition of @john_drivenupthewall :
All with a trust level of 4 ( badge leader )

Leader badge on SketchUp Community

As the creator of the thread, you should be able to edit your original post to update the information. Not the best solution but something at least.
Look for the edit pencil at the bottom of your post, not the one on the subject.
I may be wrong, my sage level may allow me to edit mine when they are closed, but not others.

Thanks box. Yes, I can edit the original post - and I’ll probably do that too.
Sometimes though I want to post a new post. It really depends on the content.

And most important, I want people to be able to comment and ask questions. What is a forum thread for, if not for that? :slight_smile:

@eneroth3 opened it up for now. Thank you Christina!

2 Likes