Shadows are being cast from the north

If your north is facing the bottom of the screen (approximately) then the shadows shown are correct, unless your house is in the southern hemisphere and the sun should shine from the north!

Anssi

Look at the attached site plan and then look at wher the shadows are cast on the skp model
The shadows should be casting down the page if the sun is reoriented to the model correctly.
SHURBURTT TOPO-Insert 1 Model (1).pdf (161.2 KB)

I agree but that is not what happening. shadows are fallin in the positive direction even though Ive changed the sun to the negative direction.

I looked in the Model Info>Geolocation>Advanced>Set manual location, and the default location for the model seems to be, indeed, in the Southern hemisphere.

If you enter more realistic coordinates, the shadows will be cast from the right direction. I don’t know how this has come about, as the dialog says that the model is not geolocated, and the default location for SketchUp models is, for all that I know, in Boulder, Colorado, USA. Have you used some strange template?

Anssi

Agree with Anssi. Your model’s ShadowInfo has Latitude ~= -30, Longitude ~= -51. It is located in the Southern Hemisphere, which reverses everything with respect to the sun.

No but that makes sense. I wondered about that but didn’t know how to change it. Now I know.
Have no idea how it got that way.
Thanks for the help

That did it.Tthanks again!!!

This is where your house was standing, in Puerta Alegre, Brazil. :slight_smile:

Anssi

Interesting. Don’t know how it got there.