Replacing matched photo

matchphoto
photomatch

I’m making an outline model of two sides of the house, in order to look at different paint combinations. The photo is a corner shot, with good perspective lines. Having built the model, I relize that I should have first modified it in Gimp, to set the house itself to a greyscale with the yard as coloured surrounds.

Is is possible to directly replace the existing photo? If so, how? If not, how would you suggest I try to achieve this objective? I have Sketchup 2017 on a Mac with Sierra.

Could you not just paint the faces in the model with the materials/colors you want? The photo of the house doesn’t need to show at all.

That’s true, but I think you get a better idea of the colours if you see the house in context. The other aspect is that, if i can project the greyscaled image onto the model with a reduced opacity, I can leave the model as the most basic shapes, and the details, like all of the weatherboards, will show.

Are you trying to show the colors on the house or on the landscape?

Copy the model to a new file. Use Edit.Copy and Edit>Paste in place. Then import the gray scale version of the photo as a Match Photo image. You could do it in the original file but the file would be bloated with the color and gray scale images.

I’ll give that a go. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.