Push/Pull disappears after command (video) plz help

Hi there guys.
I am trying to create a pool, but you see what is happening in the short video I posted.

I want to say that it will work in a new drawing, but not in my current drawing. I already used an extension to clear my drawing and purge everything which diminuated the file size of my drawing from 150 mb to 30mb.

Can you please help me figure out what is wrong? I already made sure the software uses my gtx 1050 4gb (laptop) graphics card and not the integrated one.

Thank you.

How about sharing the SKP file so we can see exactly what you’ve set up for that?

It looks like it could just be a shadow on the ground plane. What happens if you turn off shadows?

I can duplicate what you are seeing with Shadows turned on. I positioned the shadow so that it is only partially covering the pool.

1 Like

To me it looks like you have Ground turned on and 100% opaque. Check your style settings. When modelling things that go below ground it is better to turn ground off and model the ground plane using actual faces.

1 Like

Yeah of course here is the skp file.
I turned off shadows and now it is working. It’s working if I turn off the shadows on ground. Hm…
Is this a program bug or something on my end?

It’s not a SketchUp bug. It’s the way you have things set up. If you don’t want the shadow to obscure the pool, turn off shadows on the ground.

FWIW, I don’t have the ground turned on in my file and even if it was, it wouldn’t be 100% opaque.

1 Like

I see. Thank you all a lot for helping me so fast guys. Truly appreciated.

1 Like