Problem getting rectangle to intersect face

The desktop version has 8 options of correct isometric views included, from all sides.
“Unfortunately” youĺl need to set up a shortcut key to include the standard bottom view. Or select it in the ‘Camera’ menu.

added: For those who are a little confused by my sentence above about isometric views I’ll rephrase:
The desktop version of SketchUp has 8 options (not 8 buttons) to optain all 8 correct isometric views (be it that you are in ‘Parallel Projection’ mode, so not in ‘Perspective’ mode). You’ll need to adjust your viewing direction to the model (taking north, south, east, west, up and down into account) per desired isometric view and only then apply the ‘Iso-View’ button.
The free web based version has four individual buttons to optain the respective isometric views from above.

I stand corrected.
About the bottom view, that is.
Perhaps I have a crippled version of SketchUp (Version 18.0.16975 64 bit), but I sure don’t find 8 options for any isometric views, just one. Now, granted, if you preset the view so that you’re looking “into one corner of the 3D box” (i.e. upper right, back lower left, or so on) and THEN click the iso icon, you get an isometric view. And in that way, can get 8 different isometric views. But like DaveR, who almost never uses the bottom view, I almost never use ANY isometric views. I may hit the iso button just to put the model in a pictorial view to orient myself (but perspective is better for this as I’m sure most of you agree), and on rare occasions use an iso view for presentation, but otherwise, I don’t rely on it.

Interestingly, the iso button also works in perspective projection, which is highly strange, because there is no such thing as an isometric perspective view. The definition of isometric is “equal measure” in that scaling on any of the three axes (x, y, or z) can be done accurately with the same scale. The whole idea of perspective is to present on a two-dimensional surface (your computer monitor or a piece of paper) a representation of what you might see if you traced on a window pane (without moving your eye) a view of something seen on the other side. And if you lay a scale on the result, the line representing the vertical egde of an 8-foot-high wall nearest the viewer is considerably longer than the line representing a vertical edge of the same wall twenty feet away. Not the same–not iso.

But we’ve hijacked bjsketch’s thread enough. I’m glad to discuss this stuff in another thread if anyone would like to.

Thanks, Ian

(added to my previous post which might have been confusing)