Problem adding license sketch up 2018

This could be a problem, particularly if you are using the Preview version. Other users have reported issues with that version. And of course SketchUp 2018 will never support Windows 11.

Perhaps you could correct your profile. You put “2022” for operating system and graphics card. That’s not the answer for either of those.

Still, I worked with sketchup 2018 trial version on windows 11.

Exact I was wrong for the profile, it is a first time for me in this forum.
I modified it

Hi,
we got same problems, licence invalid, I asked sketchup supports to advise I have upgrade to 2019 version. so could you have any method to solve it. thanks a lot

I sent a message to you, see if that helps.

Hello, I just moved to a new computer that came with Windows 11. I own a permanent SketchUpPro 2018 license, which I have been trying to install on this new host. As others have reported, I get that error that it thinks I’m offline, so applied the change to the test URL, (ONLINE_TEST_URL=https://www.bing.com/), and that indeed prevents the claim that I’m offline. But my problem is now that when I apply my SketchUpPro 2018 license, (TA-00…), and my authorization number that has worked for years, I get a brief 1 rotation wheel spin, then it simply returns to the Add License dialog, with no acknowledgement of the license assignment. Then, when I launch the application, it shows that it is still in the trial mode.

Is there something wrong with the license server? The application itself seems to run fine, (in trial mode), but it seems that the service that recognizes licenses isn’t working. Can this be fixed?
Thanks

Did you remove the license from your old computer?

I haven’t seen this before, but somehow you have managed to activate SketchUp one more that the maximum number it can be activated. I guess that our license server is able to tell whether you have a spare activation, or that you have just reached your limit, but doesn’t cope well if you have exceeded your limit.

To fix this on your own you would need to remove the license from two old machines. You could also contact support, and see if they are able to fix the license.

https://help.sketchup.com/en/contact-support

When the pandemic started, Trimble raised the max number of activations for classic licenses temporarily.

I remember that, but didn’t think they had lowered it again. Also, there is no note in the license to say that was done. And, I think it was only done for licenses that were under maintenance and support, and its support ended three years before lockdown.

I installed the 2018 version on my new computer, but I can’t add a license. I solved the problem of the program being displayed offline. However, I think I deleted the program without canceling the license on the old computer, so won’t the license be deleted in this case? I reinstalled the program on my old computer and it just came out as a trial version. So I can’t delete the license. The license starts with ta. Please help me.

I have adjusted things at our end. You should be able to add the license now.

2 Likes

Thank you very very much. Thank you.

Hi
I have a similar problem to others in authorizing my 2018 perpetual license on a new laptop. I have managed to overcome the offline issue with the recommended modification to the .dat file, but when I try to authorise my license I get the spinning wheel for a couple of seconds then nothing. I uninstalled Sketchup from a previous laptop a couple of years ago and it is possible that I didn’t de-authorize first, I really can’t recall. I no longer have access to this device. With the 2018 license I can’t find a way of checking or modifying online the status of my authorizations. Any help gratefully received!

You have your 2018 license activated on three computers. If you can think of where any one of those is by now, you can remove the licenses from inside SketchUp, and that would free up an activation for your new computer.

Hello Colin,
Thank you for getting back to me, much appreciated.
I thought I only had Sketchup 2018 authorized on one computer. I may not have realised that I had to deauthorize before uninstalling Sketchup from previous machines, I really can’t recall.

The only two computers I have access to are the ones I would like to use Sketchup on. Are you able to deauthorize all of my licenses at your end and I can reauthorize on the two machines I actually use?

Thanks again for your assistance.

You should contact support, and see whether they can help.

https://help.sketchup.com/en/contact-support/technical-question/form

Thank you. I have previously tried to contact support regarding this issue but no response as yet. Perhaps it did not go through. I have tried again via your link. It is a pity I can’t manage my own authorizations online. Very frustrating.