Object follow me?

Hello, i would like to know if it’s possible to use the following tool with object or component to put your object along a wall??

you can see my example, i want the dome (green part) all over the top of the wall (red part), without put every dome one by one…

is there a way or a plugin wich do that???

Something in the back of my mind tells me I have seen an extension to do something like that, but I can’t remember or find it. Maybe someone with a better memory will chime in. In the meantime, here’s a (slightly tedious) way using built-in tools:

Place an instance of your dome at a suitable location near one end of a segment in the top of the wall. Use the move+copy tool’s array capabilities to make multiple copies along that segment. If a known spacing is required, move+copy one to that spacing and then immediately type *5 to repeat the copy 5 times (obviously, change the number to cleanly fill the edge). You can immediately type another *N value to try other numbers of copies. If a known number is required, move+copy the first dome to the other end of the edge and then immediately type /N.

Repeat this process for each segment of the top of the wall (yeah, I said “tedious”).

PathCopy from the Extension Warehouse will do it.

1 Like

That’s the one! I thought I remembered someone who might remember!

1 Like

Or ComponentStringer by Chris Fullmer.

1 Like

Thats the way i did until now :wink:

Si i Will try the 2 extensions

Anyway thanks à lot :wink: