Modelling a car showroom

Hi there,

I am in desperate need for someone to tell me how to create a curved line without using the free hand tool. I am trying to create a sloping roof and wavy shapes, yet I have been using the freehand tool to create these lines which is inaccurate and not smooth.

Any help would be much appreciated. I need to create a 3D model on sketch up as part of my development for my A Level product design course.

Kind Regards,

Jake

Depending on the details of the shape you need, you can either stitch together arcs drawn with the variations of the Arc tool (it even has inferences to help with smooth continuity), or you can get a Bezier curve extension (I recommend Fredo6’s version) and create more complex curves.

I’ve only got the 30 day free trail which doesn’t allow the Bezier tool and I’ve tried the arc tool but the shape is too complex. I will try to attach an image to show you. Thankyou for your reply.

You can install a Bezier tool as an extension.

I’m curious. Did you find something somewhere that told you this? As Cotty suggests, you can install the Bezier tool from the Extension Warehouse or Fredo6’s Bezier Spline extension which offers a wide variety of curve options.

bezier surface might be a good option?

1 Like