Mass deploy SketchUp for School 2018

We try to deploy SketchUp for School 2018 version to a computer lab. We use JAMF software to package the application as well as the preference files and the activation_info.txt file. We follow the direction to add the activation_info.txt file to /Library/Application Support folder; however, SketchUp app still runs with the 30 days trial mode.

Our iMacs run on macOS 10.13 High Sierra. Do we deploy the activation_info.txt file to the correct location (root Library folder)?

You are probably deploying SketchUp Pro with an education license (not to be confused with the web-only version “SketchUp for Schools”).

I have no experience with its deployment, but putting the activation_info.txt into the /library/Application Support folder sounds suspicious to me – it could clash with equally-named files from other applications. It should be in the root library. Did you try putting it into /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2018 ?

1 Like

Yes this is the correct folder. How did you create the file?
You must use a plain text writer.

Thank you for the responses. I used Atom and Plain Text Editor app for Mac to create the file but it does not make a difference.

We put the activation_info.txt file in the /Library/Application Support folder, not the user’s ~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2018. It is odd to drop the file in the /Library/Application Support folder because SketchUp doesn’t have its own folder.

Did you now create the (root, not user) folder /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2018 and put it there, as the instructions say?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.