Maintenance Plan, now what?

Hello everyone!

Just a quick question because I’m not understanding… I’m using SketchUp on maintenance plan and now I figured out that their changing to subscription. What’s going on? Will my maintenance be canceled? Haven’t received any email on this issue yet. Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot.

Hi there,

Your existing maintenance plan is unchanged- you should be receiving an email with 2019 upgrade instructions shortly (if you haven’t already). If you want to take a look at SketchUp 2019 right away, you can download the SketchUp 2019 trial, which will give you access to everything for 30 days while you’re waiting for your instructions.

The (new) SketchUp Pro subscription includes some more products and services in addition to the SketchUp Pro client application. SketchUp Studio also includes an annual subscription to Sefaira, if that’s of interest in your business.

You will be able to choose between continuing your “classic” SketchUp Pro licensing (with its annual support and maintenance fee) or switching over to the new annual subscription. There’s no need to make that decision now; both licensing models are supported.

john

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. Haven’t received any email from your office yet, neither about the update neither about the different plans. I’m picking all from the web and finding difficult to understand the information… As you can understand.
My plugins providers sent me the information that a new SketchUp was out even before SketchUp!
If you don’t mind can you point me Where can I understand the difference between the subscription and the maintenance plan? And the differences between each software?

Thanks in advance.

The email will show un in the next few days. You can get your download 2019 from the main site today and run the full feature trial until then or generate your own activation code thrgh the site. Check out this vid for more info:

1 Like

@TheOnlyAaron Thank you for your reply! The email just entered the inbox! Perfect!

Thank you very much for the support!

1 Like

OK, I have updated to 19, but I cannot see where to pay the annual maintenance fee. My credit card number changed so if you are going to use the one you have on file it won’t work.

Thanks,

Steven Walsh

If you had a maintenance plan prior the update to SketchUp 2019, you have a ‘classic’ license, you will be notified when it wil expire, you can do the payment, then.
Subscriptions that are tired to an creditcard that won’t exist anymore, will not be charged offcourse, but I am not sure wether you have to pay them anyhow if you do not notify or disable the autorenewal of the subscription 30 days prior to the end of the subscription .

Thanks – I haven’t been billed and it has been over a year so I just want to make sure I am paid up – I love SketchUp and want you to have the revenue you deserve!