Hello SketchUp Community,
I am a project manager for a retail and event production company in Melbourne, Australia - we deliver decorative window fit-outs (for Visual Merchandising in the retail space) as well as temporary event structures.
We have picked up a new, ongoing production contract building decorative elements for a retail client and are looking for a SketchUp specialist to consult/advise us on the best practices for producing the work required for this client.
The process from idea to production looks like this:
- Initial SketchUp designs received from client
- We are expected to provide Layout plans back to the client for review. These plans need to adapt their SketchUp design into a concise production/installation drawing based on real-world information
- Upon approval of the production drawing, we need to provide Parts/Cut Lists, Technical and Fabrication drawings to our production team
What we are looking for:
A consultant to assess our project ecosystem and advise on best practices and processes.
- Genuine, advanced knowledge of SketchUp a must.
- An understanding of integration with other programs (i.e. CAD required for CNC machines) would be beneficial.
- Some knowledge of production processes (timber, joinery, lighting) are a bonus.
Happy to consider your hourly or project-based rates relevant to your experience.
We are looking for advanced knowledge of SketchUp and will pay you fair rates you are comfortable with to assess our project and share your knowledge and expertise.
Immediate start - consulting times/timezones very flexible (we are on Australian EST time).
Consulting to be conducted via Zoom/Meet/Teams or similar
We can break up the consulting schedule as best suits everyone involved
Please feel free to reach out with your interest and experience.