Layout will not open

Hello, My name is Nick I am using Sketchup Pro 2023. I was using Layout the other day and everything was working fine. Yesterday and today Layout will not open. I get the initial load screen and it opens and then closes right out.

Try repairing the installation. Close SketchUp. Find the installer in your Downloads folder or download it fresh from sketchup.com/download/all Right click on the installer, choose Run as administrator, then, if it is presented, choose the Repair option. After it completes do a cold reboot of your computer and try again to open LayOut.

DaveR,

Thank you for your response. I tried what you said and it is still not working. Thank you for your help.

-Nick

I wonder what changed on your computer from when it worked to when it didn’t work. SketchUp and LayOut 2023 haven’t changed in that time.

The next thing to try would be to go to Username/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2023/LayOut and delete the .plo file you find there. Then try again. AppData is a normally hidden folder so make it visible in File Explorer first.