Layout crashing exporting pdf - trouble shoot FYI

I want to report some troubleshooting that I’ve been doing to get a particular view of a model to export (plan view, with a cut-through section). I am using a 14" MacBook pro 2023, ventura 13.5.2 with pro 23.1.341.

The linked 3D file is large 21.2MB. I have multiple layout files setup to deal with different aspects(ie. different rooms) to avoid making one layout file that is hard to troubleshoot (learned from experience!).
After working fine for a few years, layout suddenly stopped letting me export any pages with a certain plan view with cut section. Not even individually.

When I copy and paste the text only, the page exports fine, so it definitely related to that particular model view.

The only way I’ve managed to solve it is to create a new layout file for each individual page that refused to export. (It wont work if they are together in one layout document).
I then copy all the information I need (text only) to a new layout file. I then import the 3D model and view fresh from the original file (copying the model view from the problem layout file will not work), and then export.

Ive recently logged a crash report #6897, but there are multiple crashes from the last few days as I’ve tried to work it out.

The above is a solution, but I wonder if anyone has any ideas on what might be the problem, I think the thing that stands out is that I can’t copy the problem model view between layout files without carrying through the crash. If it was the model view inside SketchUp that was the problem, surely it would remain a problem on the fresh insertion into a new layout file?

Pretty painful to have so many individual layout files, but at least its exporting now.

Cheers,

Without seeing the file it’s going to be difficult to give you a proper solution.

There was a change to the rendering options in one of the 2023 versions (and then a change back…?).

I can’t remember – it didn’t affect me so I wasn’t following too closely.

Output Override (for raster rendered viewports only was default ticked.

A number of posts have been about this with users having a similar problem to you.

Check to see if this option is ticked for you – if so untick and try to export as PDF again.

1 Like

Sensational - thank you Paul!!! That fixed it right away.
So glad I asked!!

1 Like

worked for me too! Wow such a simple thing messing up my whole morning and now fixed in a flash!