Layout 2021 vs. layout 2022 issues

In 2021 you could use your mouse controls, namely the screw wheel to zoom in and out and the scroll wheel click/hold to pan. I believe these settings were the standard as I have never made any changes.

In 2022 the wheel acts as a scroll which to me is unacceptable. I want it back like it was in 2021. Are there any settings to make these changes to get the controls to work like I like? I am sure I am not the only one.

This sounds like a setting on your end. Rolling the scroll wheel for me in LayOut 2022 acts as it has in every version since the very first one; it zooms in or out.
scroll

Well, like you I have been using SU for 20 years, and also only became aware of these issues in the last 2 years thru forum postsā€¦ and that is my pointā€¦ these are fundamental cad issues that result in inaccuracies and invalid geometry constructs and should not exist,ā€¦if they do they they should be clearly documented and disseminated so users can avoid/work around themā€¦ The certainly should not able allowed to sit there as silent sleepersā€¦

While the maybe some workflow reasons for this to occur I would suspect these are mostly the exception and certainly is counter intuitive to all the adviceā€¦ you could certainly achieve your objective by simply isolating the element a known distance, exploding, assigning specific tags, grouping and returning to its position if you needed to explicitly tag primitivesā€¦

Rectangle tool not producing Rectangles? - #3 by gsharpā€¦

So at the end of that thread it is never determined it is a software glitch. Instead it is from modifications to a rectangle. I have never experienced a rectangle not making a rectangle from scratch. So again user input error, causing the issue.

Mine does not work like that using Layout 2022 on my Mac. I have to press COMMAND and then scroll with the wheel. Its an extra step that I want to change pack to the way it was.

I want to be able to ZOOM with the Scroll Wheel and Pan with a click of the scroll wheel and drag. Single hand operation.

Please come up with a dialog box where we can have some options to fix this. It works correctly in SU 2022. They should work the same.

It sounds like you have two finger panning enabled:
https://help.sketchup.com/en/layout/zooming-and-panning-view#:~:text=Pinch%20to%20Zoom,or%20expand%20to%20zoom%20in.

This feature was added for LayOut 2021.0 on mac:
https://help.sketchup.com/en/release-notes/sketchup-desktop-20210#whats-new-2021

Hope that clears things up for you,
Adam

Thanks!!! You nailed Itā€¦you win all the pointsā€¦

1 Like

Marking answers to your issues as ā€œSolutionā€ helps others find the answer more quickly!

1 Like

Marking your comment on the answer as the answer is not very helpfull. Youā€™d better mark the real answer:

2 Likes