Layer Manager missing

Layer Manager is missing and cannot find it in the tabs nor other options to view.
How can I solve this?

You might try Window>Default Tray>Show Tray. The Layers utility window is included in the Default tray by default.

1 Like

Cool thanks!

You’re welcome.

Out of curiosity, why so many redundant tools on your toolbars?

That top one is the getting started toolbar that opens by default Dave.

I was forced to download Sketchup 2017, I did not buy the program. In SU2016, I could set the visibility on the layers function. Now, I am not offered that tool. Why? Did I download the wrong program?

I’ve used layers successfully before, now it seems all is lost!!?

Who forced you to do that? There’s a Layers inspector window just as there was in SU2016. There’s also a Layers toolbar under View>Toolbars exactly as it was in SU2016.

Layer visibility is controlled in the Layers inspector palette, not in the Layers toolbar. It has “always” been like that.

Anssi

‘Layers’ is missing from my Default Tray in v2020, and ‘Layers’ is not listed as an option in ‘Manage Trays’. I do have it in v 2019.
I’ve got a screen shot but can’t attach it for some reason.

It’s called tags in 2020. It works just the same but now has a name that better corresponds to how it works.

2 Likes

Ahhh! Thank you!!! Got it.

I have also been looking for the layers tab. Just found this thread saying it’s renamed Tags. I bet I forget about this the next time I open sketchup and have the same problem all over again!

Might be worth reading the Release Notes when you update SketchUp.