Laubwerk extension for 2020

I cannot find the Laubwerks extension in the extension store.
How do I move my Laubwerks from 2019 to the 2020 version of SketchUp?

Not all extensions are hosted in the Extension Warehouse. I would start at the Laubwerk site. I don’t know how their extensions are installed due to licensing and stuff but in general, it isn’t a good practice to copy extensions from an older version to a newer one.

it was in the old extension store last year but now i can’t find it here or on the Sketchucation web site.
when i try and use link on the Laubwerk site (info@laubwerk.com) it just gets returned in my email as undelivered.

Perhaps they’ve withdrawn the extension.

You can try copying the extension from User/App Data/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins to the equivalent location in SketchUp 2020. No guarantee that it’ll work but you can try it.

Thanks,
Really hoping they upgrade their plugin to 2020, this works really well with Vray and right now in 2020 they don’t load when rendering.

I’ll wait and see of anybody else has some info before I go back and try to copy from 2019.

1 Like

I recently opened a file with Laubwerk trees created in SUv2019 into SUv2020 and it rendered with VRAY Next. Are you saying that doesn’t work for you? In theory, as long as all the links retain there reference paths then it should be ok. Not ideal I know but could bridge the gap while waiting for official update.

And I have a contact at Laubwek…I’ll reach out this evening and see if they can provide a timeline for a 2020 compatible player release.

I did the same but the tress did not load, Possibly because I did not upgrade Vray to my 2019?

Please let me know what you find out. I’ve bought some tress and without the plug in you can’t make the adjustments that are available.

Thanks

So just tested and not sure why it didn’t work for you unless it’s a Mac vs PC file structure thing. You can see that when I open my Laubwerk plants in SUv2020 the file paths are retained.

Alternatively, you can use the ‘Pack Project’ feature from your SUv2019 model which copies and converts the Laubwerk plant proxies and places them in a new directory.

But given Laubwerk got back to me this morning saying the update should be ready very soon (as in days not weeks), probably the best idea is to sit tight a little longer. Let me know if any of this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, I look forward to getting the new plugin.
Don’t know if its window vs mac thing or like i said above if its because i did not install vray 2020 on my 2019 version. I’ll check that and the the Pack Project too in the meantime if I can get some time.
Since this is on my home computer I think i can wait a little while…

Thanks for the update. Have had similar issue and new SU2020 keeps crashing/freezing up and backup copy didn’t save for recovery. Am getting quite perturbed with 2020 so far and wandering why they can’t make sure things work properly before new version released. Might consider not renewing next year and just keep current version software and plugins and not bothering to keep up to date since it meets my basic needs and will eliminate all this frustration.

Have been waiting to purchase some Laubwerk plants too for 2020 but my deadline for my project is coming up and am hoping update happens sooner than later.

Sorry for venting - just lost few hours of my work…B

Any news regarding release of extension for 2020 yet? Anxiously waiting. Thank you in advance. Barb

Have you tried contacting them directly? They’d be the ones who are able to provide information about when they will update their extension.

Yes but they don’t seem to respond to their emails. Thank you though for your reply. I guess that I will just have to be more patient. Was having issues going back and forth from 2020 to 2019. Have nice day. Barb

I certainly don’t know what is going on with them but it seems to me that if they aren’t responding to e-mails, either they are very busy trying to get things updated or they’ve lost interest in it and aren’t doing anything about it. Patience is the name of the game. Or finding some replacement for the unusable tool.

1 Like

They told me it will be very soon. Days, not weeks. How many? Don’t know. The Problem we all have with software development is that it’s really difficult to predict and control release dates as they’re dependent on beta testing. All bugs have to be found and resolved before a major update can be released. There’s no real way to predict how long the beta/bug testing time frame will last. For them (my word not theirs), it’s better not to give an exact date and frustrate just a few people vs promise a date and potentially not meet it, therefore frustrating everyone.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know. Cheers, Barb

1 Like

If I find any new information out I will follow back up with this thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great news - was able to chat with Laubwerk on FB just a few minutes and they have uploaded 1.0.32 on their website for 2020. Just downloaded and tested it and working fine. He said it was ok if I posted on our blog - unfortunately their PR person is off sick hence the delay in the announcement. Happy modelling everyone. Barb

Good news. Thanks for reporting back to the group!