Importing model from 3d warehouse

Also what operating system are you using?

Faces in SketchUp have a front and a back. The back face color in your style is blue while the front face color is white. There should be no visible blue back faces in your 3D model.

Windows 11. Same as you are. I do have a proper graphics card, though.

Problem solved…not sure how, but download is working now. As for the blue back exposed thing, not sure how to fix that. My model is working for me as is and I think I will just make do.

It can be fixed by right clicking on the back faces and selecting Reverse Faces from the Context menu.

OK. Mixed face orientatio like your model has tends to make the modeling process more difficult but it’s up to you.

To correct “blue-black back faces” select them, R-click and choose “Reverse faces”. Where necessary, open each component or group for editing to be able to select the back faces.

Some things will still work fine if you don’t correct the reversed faces. But components won’t be solid, and most rendering applications won’t show reversed faces properly, or at all.

Sketchup will still recognise them as solids, but they will cause errors in 3d printing software and renderers.

1 Like

Not any more (Mar, 2023) unfortunately.

You replied to a comment I made nearly four years ago. Your profile says you are using SketchUp 2017 Make. That version hasn’t been supported for years now either.