Importing geolocation is off by 10 meters

I have imported the geolocation and placed my building on map. When I export my finished file to Google Earth, the house is about 10 meters to the west. Right there on the road blocking all traffic :slight_smile:

I bet the neighbors don’t appreciate that. :slight_smile:

What is the location? Since the geo-location data doesn’t come from Google I guess slight differences could be expected. Which one is right?

While testing my kml importer, I have often noticed a discrepancy of up to a couple of meters between kml placemarks exported by Google Earth and the corresponding locations in SketchUp geolocation. There are a lot of technical reasons this can happen. I wouldn’t use either as an official reference based on the coordinates, rather move things as necessary to align them with features.

This is my second attempt at Sketchup. I really like create from pictures feature.

When importing the map is offset from the picture:

I chose to place my house according to the picture:

This is how it looks in Google earth:

It would be nice if I can keep the image from the geolocation, but place it differently in the real world.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.