I Can't Find The Layer Manager

Hi everyone. I am completely new to this software introduced as I am studying an interior design course. I have been watching some tutorials on how to use it and it keeps referring to the layer manager under the Windows tab but it doesn’t appear on mine. I have tried everything. I have added the layers to my toolbar and there isn’t a layer manager option next to it either. I know it doesn’t help that I’m new, ive tried to uninstall it and reinstall and that hasn’t fixed it!

Thank you

You mean the Layers window which would be in the Default Tray on the right side of the screen? If it’s not there, go to the Window menu. Click on Default Tray and check “Layers”.

By the way, it sounds like the tutorial you were watching refers to an older version of SketchUp or SketchUp on the Mac.

Hi
Thank you so much for coming back to me. Yes that’s the option I had and I could get that up but couldn’t amend the layers nor understand how to use them when drawings wall for example, they won’t change to that colour layer?
Thank you :slight_smile:

You can add new layers by clicking on the + in the circle. Make sure to leave Layer 0 active at all times and always leave edges and faces on Layer 0. After you draw your wall or whatever, make it a group or component. Then, in Entity Info, assign the group/component to the layer.

As for showing the layer colors, you need to select Color by Layer in the Details menu which is accessed by clicking on the arrow on the far right side above the Color column.

Check your PMs.

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.