How do you do a 3d outline of text?

What a bummer, I was hoping I could use this tool to remove some of the manual steps of creating something like this. As you see, the O and the E is missing spots.
Still in search of such process. 2023 and auto weld does not suit my need :frowning:

I canā€™t really tell whatā€™s happening in your screen shot.

Share the .skp file.

What are you expecting? If the edges are already welded thereā€™s no need to weld them. As I wrote, Offset works on a single loop of connected edges at a time. Thatā€™s not unique to SketchUp 2023 and has nothing to do with Auto Weld.

Blockquote If the edges are already welded thereā€™s no need to weld them. As I wrote, Offset works on a single loop of connected edges at a time.

I understand. I simply misunderstood from your gif demonstration. I got trigger happy. Not an expert with sketchup.

This is not a .skp. The screenshot is simply 3D Text with offset exported to .stl and then imported into another program. Which what im trying to show is that is missing the holed portion within the text that sketchup is not my solution for.

How did you create the 3D text? Did you do do this in SketchUp? If so and you saved it, thereā€™d be a .skp file.

What is the end goal for this?

End goal is to create custom themed fonts with outlines for 3D Printing.

OK. I give up.

It sounds like SketchUp just isnā€™t the right tool for what you are expecting.

1 Like